The National Industrial Court holden at Jos, Plateau State, on Friday 3rd December, 2020 granted an order of Interim Injunction restraining the undermentioned whether by themselves or their agents, servants, privies or howsoever called from embarking on an industrial/state action or calling on any or all of its members to embark on any strike action or protest or any form of demonstration at all on the ground of non-implementation of the National Minimum Wage at the Local Government level pending the hearing and determination of the motion on notice for Interlocutory Injunction already filed by the Plateau State Government, the Attorney General of Plateau State and the seventeen Local Government Councils of the state.
For the avoidance of doubt, the persons so restrained by the National Industrial Court are:
1. Comrade Makwin Yohanna Arandong, President, National Union of Local Government Employees (NULGE), Plateau State.
2. National Union of Local Government Employees (NULGE).
3. Comrade Gana S. Ayuba, Chairman, Nigerian Union of Teachers, Plateau State Chapter.
4. Nigerian Union of Teachers, Plateau State Chapter.
5. Comrade Selkur D. Stephen, Chairman, Medical and Health Workers Union of Nigeria, Plateau State Chapter.
6. Medical and Health Workers Union of Nigeria, Plateau State Chapter (MHWUN).
7. Comrade Briskila D. Dabit, Chairman, National Association of Nigeria Nurses and Midwives, Plateau State Chapter.
8. National Association of Nigeria Nurses and Midwives, Plateau State Chapter.
9. Comrade Angai A. Ayuba, Chairman, Non-Academic Staff Union of Nigeria.
10. Non-Academic Staff Union of Nigeria.
11. Nigeria Labour Congress (NLC), Plateau State Chapter.
12. Comrade Eugine Manji, Chairman, NLC, Plateau State.
13. Trade Union Congress (TUC), Plateau State Chapter.
14. Comrade Titus, Chairman, Trade Union Congress, Plateau State Chapter
What this means in essence therefore, is that any such protest does not only amount to unlawful assembly, but contempt of court and shall be dealt with accordingly.
The Plateau State Government hereby warns the parties involved not to take the laws into their hands but allow the process of court to take its full course.
Government hereby assures its citizens, workers and non workers that it has their interest at heart and will not do anything deliberately to shortchange them in any way.