Example of a video carousel search result
Let’s look at an example:
How cool is that, right? And it’s very easy too! If you use our Video SEO plugin, the only thing you have to do is embed the video. After that, you add meta descriptions and good titles to your videos and choose the right tags and categories. That’s all!
Getting great results (snippets) for your site in the video search results in Google is just as easy. Simply add the video, title and description and you are good to go!
Requirements for the Video SEO plugin
Do make sure you use oEmbed or a shortcode from one of the supported plugins — see below for the list. Also make sure that you use one of our supported platforms (YouTube, of course, is among them, but we generally advise people to use Wistia or Vimeo).
In order to let your videos rank with our Video SEO plugin you’ll need our Yoast SEO plugin as well, as the plugin relies on that plugin’s capabilities for XML Sitemaps, Facebook OpenGraph and more.
We’ve got a setup guide, usage instructions and an FAQ you can look at so you’ll get a feel for just how easy it is to use this plugin. The change log will also give you an idea of all the changes going into the plugin.
The Video SEO plugin supports:
- Automatic XML Video Sitemap generation (adding on to the XML sitemaps generated by Yoast SEO).
- MediaRSS enhancements to your RSS feed.
- Schema.org structured data videoObject markup helps Google uncover your video.
- Snippet previews with the actual video thumbnail in them and the ability to change that thumbnail.
- OpenGraph tags on your video pages so the video can be properly shared on Facebook.
- Support for many major video platforms, including Youtube, Vimeo, DailyMotion and Wistia.
All these features combined make this Video SEO module a must-have for the video blogger using WordPress!